I Started A Garden

3.26.2011



I was at CVS this morning and saw that they have an entire isle dedicated to garden supplies.  It must be spring because the weather right now is so beautiful!  I decided to pick up some seeds and some Jiffy pots - small cups made out of peat moss that are great for seed starting.  I then went to the dollar store and got some containers to hold my pots.

I got so excited that I went to my local nursery to purchase some seed starting soil.  I spent almost two hours at the nursery just "browsing" and enjoying the so-warm-I'm-wearing-a-t-shirt-and-shorts sunshine.  I believe gardening is an excuse for grownups to play in the dir), and I imagined what my future front and back yards would look like.  There will be lots of green, lots of trees, and lots of beautiful, colorful flowers.  As well as cobblestone walkways, and climbing ivy's

So I got started, and mission accomplished!  I sowed my very own vegetable garden!  I'm planting a few weeks late, but the thought of fresh vegetables was too good to pass up.  So there "well-if-I'm-late-I-don't-even-want-to-do-it" attitude!  I took charge and hopefully won't get docked to harshly for my tardiness.  It will takes a few weeks to get some sprouts, so in the meantime I'm working on building a big planter, so I can add some fruit plants... Yum!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...